Learn the Fundamentals of SAR Filing in Anti-Money Laundering Compliance/KYC & How to write a stellar SAR Narrative!
What you’ll learn in AML Compliance in Practice
- Understand Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) in the context of Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Identify sources for suspicious activity and related red flags
- Learn WHEN and HOW to file a SAR (not covering particular filing systems e.g., GoAML, etc.)
- Avoid common pitfalls in SAR filing (e.g., Tipping-Off, Timing, etc.)
- Learn how to write a stellar SAR narrative
- Understand what to do AFTER a SAR has been filed
Requirements of AML Compliance in Practice
- An electronic device with online video-viewing or downloading capabilities
- To be interested in money laundering, AML, and Compliance
- Will need working knowledge in Compliance or AML
- Will not need business or legal expert knowledge
AML Compliance in Practice Description
Financial crime is a threat that is becoming ever more widespread, is increasingly hard to detect and often a worrying unknown. Aside from the threat it poses to the security of societies worldwide, it poses a real risk in terms of reputation, process integrity and compliance for the financial community as a whole and for individual financial institutions and organizations.
One of the most practical steps you can take to mitigate these risks is having a proper Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance program in place that is capable of identifying and filing suspicious activity reports (SARs).
This course will give you a comprehensive overview of everything that is relevant in terms of suspicious activity reports.
Your learning journey will cover a number of important concepts, including:
- What is a suspicious activity report (SARs) and how is it related to money laundering prevention?
- How to identify suspicious activity and what are common red flags?
- WHEN and HOW to file a SAR?
- What are international regulatory/legal requirements?
- What to watch out for? (Timing, Tipping-Off, etc.)
- How to write a stellar SAR narrative?
- What to do after a SAR has been filed?
Throughout this course you can test your newly acquired knowledge with quiz questions. You will also find a great deal of additional resources as part of this course, including cheat sheets, checklists, questionnaires, tables, and more!
There are no prerequisites for this course and it can be completed in just 1 to 2 hours of your time. That’s a very good time investment!
Who AML Compliance in Practice is for
- Professionals wanting to acquire and demonstrate specialized knowledge in AML and Compliance
- Professionals wanting to increase their value through better understanding of AML and Compliance
- Professionals wanting to build a comprehensive AML and Compliance knowledge
- Career starters and students wanting to get an edge in AML and Compliance (might be a challenge without prior knowledge)